Skip to main content

Wow! I've been Leibster-ed!

Wow!
I'm speechless!
But I have a big grin on my face!
Evi, over at Sister Sun has given me a Leibster Award!
Thank you Evi - I am really quite chuffed! Especially since I haven't been blogging for very long!
A Liebster Blog Award is given by bloggers who have been Leibstered themselves to other to talented and loved bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to these wonderful blogs!
There are a few rules that go along with accepting the award: 

- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the presenter who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the award on to your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs with 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed. (with Bloggers followers gadget not working well - I actually cant tell how many followers a blog has at the moment)
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog. 

(Sorry Evi/Becky, I borrowed the above blurb from you, hope that's ok) 

So, here is my chance to pay it forward and let you all know about a few of the blogs I have been *lurking*  on for a while (I'm still new to this world and a bit shy...)

So, in my best award presenting blogvoice - I would like to award the following bloggers, in no particular order, their very own Leibster Award! - Enjoy!

Nicola over at If it came from a Plant for a wide variety of topics, great book reviews and wonderful menu planning ideas!

Christine at Slow Living Essentials for her encouragement and support, really interesting posts and for starting the monthly reflections that I have come to enjoy so much!

Juggler over at Juggling my Home who seems to be everywhere doing so many things, looking after her two CF boys and she makes cheese!

Brydie at CityHippyFarmGirl  for wonderful food pictures and recipes, lovely family stories and, of course, her precious new baby that she has shared with us!

And Trish over at Living the Gentle Life for being in the same boat as me - living in suburbia and trying to lighten the load on the planet, become eco-responsible and connect more with the world around her!

Congratulations to you all! I really enjoy logging on and seeing what these women have to say every few days and take on board a lot of what they blog, into my own life. I hope this award makes your day - just like it did me! Enjoy!




Comments

JACS Team said…
Thanks for the award Kara. I am looking forward to having it decorate my blog and passing on the favour by sharing it with some of my favourtie blogs too.
Practical Frog said…
You're welcome! Enjoy! You have a great blog - i enjoy catching up with you comings and goings! - Kara
Chris said…
Thanks Kara, you're very sweet! :)
Practical Frog said…
Your blog is great! And you have been wonderful - Enjoy and know someone admires what you do! - Kara
Thanks Kara, that's really lovely to pass that on.
Practical Frog said…
Hi Bridie, Im glad you liked it - I have been reading your blog for a while and really enjoy it! - Kara
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when your cat attacks a bird... and doesn't kill it.

We have an eight year old cat who we got as a stray about six years ago. The vet reckoned she was about two when we got her and we did all the right things and got her spayed and vaccinated and all that stuff. She loves people and no matter where you are in the house or garden, she will not be far away. She really good with kids and will put up with the squishiest cuddles and a far bit of toddler tail fascination before bolting out the door to escape. She is well fed (despite the look she is giving me and the empty bowl below...) but not fat - but still the  urge to hunt and subsequently kill still seems to be quite strong. Last weekend, she pounced out of nowhere on a rainbow lorrikeet - thankfully my husband and a band of teenage boys were also there and managed to grab the bird before the cat had done more than pounce. Now we have a slightly mangled still alive but obviously unwell bird on our hands - what do you do? Here's what we did... We found a box - popped an old

Easy to make fabric covers for milk crates!

Like most households, milk crates appear in and about our house as they are the right size to sit on, strong enough to stand on and the right shape to store things in. They are usually free or picked up for a dollar or two at garage sales or at dump/tip shops. They come in red and blue in our area (depending on weather they are originally from Paul's or Dairy Farmers!) and that simply doesn't go with my outdoor decor - neither does the plastic look but that's another issue. Something had to be done. I decided to cover them with material that fitted in with the rest of our current outdoor setting - A quick look on the Internet for inspiration and confidence and... The finished product being modelled by the cat! Here's what I did... I started with the standard Brissy Blue and Red Milk Crates... Then I bought a sheet and a couple of pillow cases from the local Footprints Op Shop This is less a pattern and more a method to follow - Cut the sheet i

Killing cockroaches with boric acid v borax!

We live in Queensland. We have cockroaches. Lots of cockroaches! Why the NSW rugby team is called the Cockroaches is a mystery to me - surely ours are not only bigger but more plentiful??? At any rate, I don't like living with them (and I'm quite sure they  are not so fond of me at the moment!!) and I have been going through the usual gauntlet of sprays, solutions and bombs to get rid of them... But I'm not so keen on the chemical aspect of all this spraying and bombing. I hate the smell and can almost feel disease and cancer growing in me every time I spray. I'm OK with the resident cockies getting a lungful of chemicals and then keeling over but I feel its impolite (and probably illegal) if my guests and family members do the same thing!!! We went through a faze of killing them by hand (and flyswatter and rolled up newspaper and underfoot) but its hard and frustrating work and it probably was only culling the dumb and slow ones - leaving the smart fast ones to bre